The wrong driver was assigned to a vehicle in Samsara via API. How can I correct this?
You’ll need to use the
POST /fleet/driver-vehicle-assignments endpoint to assign the correct driver to the vehicle over the same time period.
How do I create an assignment without an end time?
endTime parameter of the
endpoint is optional - if you don’t specify it, we’ll default to the maximum allowable time to represent an ongoing assignment.
How do I eventually end an ongoing assignment?
Ongoing assignments are driver-vehicle assignments that don’t have a specified end time. Just send a request to the
POST fleet/driver-vehicle-assignments endpoint with the ongoing assignment’s
vehicleID and an
endTime, and the assignment will be updated to reflect the
GET fleet/driver-vehicle-assignments endpoint is returning a driver I didn't expect. Why?
Drivers can be assigned in Samsara in many different ways. Our system ranks them in the following hierarchy and returns the highest assignment source in the API response.
- API driver assignment
- Driver App assignment (Compliance Hours of Service)
- Tachograph vehicle assignment (EU only)
- Manual safety override assignment (Driver overridden in Safety Platform)
- RFID scan assignment
- Bluetooth token assignment
- Ongoing driver assignment
- Camera ID assignment (camera facial recognition)
Updated about 1 year ago