The wrong driver was assigned to a vehicle in Samsara via API. How can I correct this?
You’ll need to use the
POST /fleet/driver-vehicle-assignments endpoint to assign the correct driver to the vehicle over the same time period.
How do I create an assignment without an end time?
endTime parameter of the
endpoint is optional - if you don’t specify it, we’ll default to the maximum allowable time to represent an ongoing assignment.
How do I eventually end an ongoing assignment?
Ongoing assignments are driver-vehicle assignments that don’t have a specified end time. Just send a request to the
POST fleet/driver-vehicle-assignments endpoint with the ongoing assignment’s
vehicleID and an
endTime, and the assignment will be updated to reflect the
GET fleet/driver-vehicle-assignments endpoint is returning a driver I didn't expect. Why?
Drivers can be assigned in Samsara in many different ways. Our system ranks them in the following hierarchy and returns the highest assignment source in the API response.
- Manual safety override assignment (Driver overridden in Safety Platform): Safety Manual Driver Overrides, derived from Safety Inbox interactions
- API Driver Assignment: If you have a separate system to track driver assignments, you can use the Driver-Vehicle Assignments API to override a Driver Assignment.
- Driver App assignment (Compliance Hours of Service): Auto Duty and Samsara Driver App Assignments.
- Trailer: Used if there’s a trailer driver assignment.
- Tachograph vehicle assignment (EU only): Assignments derived from Tachograph assignments in the EU.
- RFID scan assignment: For RFID scanner installations, assignments derived from RFID scanners. Drivers can use ID Card Readers to scan into their vehicles.
- QR Code: Administrators use Samsara Cloud to setup QR Codes. Drivers sign in using these QR Codes.
- Bluetooth token assignment: Assignments from low-power Bluetooth devices, such as Trip Card, Driver Card, or Driver Token.
- Static: Driver and device assignments made in the Samsara dashboard. Used for more permanent assignments.
- Camera ID assignment (camera facial recognition): Assignments detected with the Samsara Dash Cam using facial recognition. This will also show up as the
assignmentTypeif a user manually changes the driver assigned to a vehicle which is fitted with a Samsara Dash Cam
Updated about 1 month ago